Many people find public speaking intimidating – but strong public speaking skills benefit you in both your professional and personal life. Public speaking is a skill, and with each bit of focussed preparation and practice, you will learn and feel more comfortable.
With a few basic techniques, you’ll be on your way to a better wedding speech or work pitch. In this workshop, you’ll learn a wide variety of tips for increased confidence and ease.
What will we cover?
• Tips for remaining calm and confident
• How to capture and keep your audience’s attention
• Nonverbal cues and vocal variety
• A breakout exercise so you can put it into action
• Recommended resources for ongoing benefits
Who will be teaching?
Ashley is a public speaker, writer and trainer. She has taught public speaking to professionals for a number of years. She also co-organises a successful public speaking club in Sydney that focuses on developing speaking skills in a fun and supportive environment. She holds a Bachelor of Communications. Previously, she’s lived and worked in Canada, Korea, Mexico and Peru.