When painting, sometimes we need a gentle smooth transition of forms in our brushwork. But sometimes more firm action is needed. So let’s explore what happens, when we apply this to our painting, using contrast, form and colour. How can we use these elements to create space in a picture?
We will set up objects to paint – each one composed around a theme, but the objects will be contrasting in shape and colour. Pick the one which inspire you the most, to explore how to create a depth of reality on a flat piece of paper. Marta will invite you to be courageous and use firm boundaries of elements.
In this class, we will draw and paint still life
Concentrate on composition as a starting point to give structure to your picture
You will learn about
– colour palettes- how they mix and influence each other, and how to read a circle of colours
– how to use contrasting colours to enhance the expression of a composition
– basic techniques of acrylic painting,
– the rules of composition and how to arrange objects on the paper/canvas pad
– Exploration of form, shapes and colours and how they correlate together
Marta Bockowska – make-up artist and art high school graduate, combining passion and professional life, currently works in a climbing gym.
“Since I remember, I have always been creating – paintings, drawings, decorating simple objects or making hand-made gifts. Art program at school gave me technical base and knowledge to improve my works. The rest is the matter of fun and exploration.”
Questions about the class? Please email email@example.com.
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.